Monday, August 31 through Friday, September 4
How does it work?
- You owe Shorewood Library overdue fines.
- You come to the library with your library card or a current photo ID.
- We waive your Shorewood Library overdue fines.
What we can't waive:
- Fines of any type owed to another Milwaukee County Federated Library System library.
- Charges for lost books or replacement books from Shorewood Public Library.
Pay it Forward
We won't take money for any Shorewood Library overdue fines between August 31 and September 4. However, if you still want to "pay" us you can drop your fine amount - or any amount you wish - in the Pay it Forward jar. We will use this money to help people who owe fines to other libraries that are prohibiting them from using the library. We can't waive those fines, but we can pay for them out of the Pay it Forward jar!
Stop in each day of Fine Forgiveness week between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m. to find out more about resources and services we think you'll love.
Monday, Aug. 31: Love the Library
Check out how you can stay connected with us and the Village.
Tuesday, Sept. 1: Friends of the Library
Meet the Friends of the Library and find out how to join or donate.
Wednesday, Sept. 2: E-Reading
Bring your own device and work hands-on with staff to explore digital books, audiobooks and magazines.
Thursday, Sept. 3: Learn a Language, or your Family Tree
Come see what you could learn with the click of a mouse.
Friday, Sept. 4: Avoid Fines Next Time
We'll show you the many easy ways you can avoid overdue fines from the start.