Rhyme & Read P.M. (Plus More)
Rhyme & Read P.M. (Plus More) Story Time is for tots from 6 months through 3 years old and their adult caregivers. It combines elements of Rhyme & Read Lapsits and Toddler Story Times. We offer Rhyme & Read P.M. on Monday evenings for four week sessions at various times throughout the school year. Registration is required, and opens up two weeks before story times start. Register online via the Events Calendar for October/November 2018 sessions. Registration begins October 8. You can also register over the phone 847-2670 or in person.
There are a few things we'd like you to know before you come to story time:
- Parent participation is crucial. Plan to participate and give your child full attention. Please do not use cell phones or other devices during the session
- Make this a special time for you and your child to interact and enjoy. Please bring only the child who is registered. Activities are not appropriate for older children. If you must bring other children, please talk to Heide before the session.
- You can sit on a chair or on the floor with your child on your lap.
- Lap sit sessions are a casual and relaxed atmosphere. We don't expect your child to be quiet or constantly attentive. We know walkers may wander.
- Please do what you can to minimize distractions: no food or distracting toys. You may bring calming items such as blankets or pacifiers.
- Please do not use cell phones or other devices during the session. Your full attention should be on your child.
- Plan to check out books so that you and your child may take the story time experience home with you.
- Most of all, have fun! Enjoy this time with your little one. With your help, we hope to develop your little one’s love of books and the library.