Join Our Team
We always accept completed applications for part-time circulation positions (shelvers and clerks; see below for descriptions). Applications are available at our customer service desk and are kept on file for one year in the event there is an opening.
Current job openings:
Seeking applicants for the job of shelver. Shelvers help us maintain a library that is welcoming and easy to access, by ensuring library materials return to the shelves in the right spot in a timely fashion.
Join our team!
- Must have completed at least two years of high school
- Pay starts at minimum wage, $7.25/hr
- Shelvers work 10 hours per week, within the staffed hours of the Library (M-Th 8:30-8:00, F 8:30-6:30, Sa 10:00-3:30, Su 11:00-3:30)
- Scheduling is flexible, and most shelvers combine the job with school or another job
Complete a Village of Shorewood job application and submit via email to Assistant Directory Emily Passey (firstname.lastname@example.org), or in person to any staff member at one of the library's service desks. Job applications are also available at the library's front desk.
The Shorewood Library team:
- Shelvers - 10 hours per week, no benefits. Responsibilities: shelving, collection maintenance.
- Circulation Clerks - 15-20 hours per week. Responsibilities: circulation customer service, collection maintenance & management.
- Library Associates - Full time. Responsibilities: circulation, reference, and collection management.
- Librarians - Full or part time. MLS required. Responsibilities: reference, acquisitions, technical services, programming, and many other varied duties.
The Shorewood Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. The Library complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).