Manage Your Money
Whether you're saving for college, buying your first home, making a household purchase, or planning your retirement, we have many resources available to help you, both online and at the library. And the best part is: they're free! How much will you save by using the library?
Full text journal and peer-reviewed articles dating back to 1886 covering all disciplines of business. Provided by BadgerLink
Full text coverage of regional business publications. Provided by BadgerLink
Save money and fix it yourself with ARRC which includes information on how auto components function, care & repair tips, and troubleshooting for non-mechanics. Provided by BadgerLink
Presents articles on health, public safety, marketplace economics and the judicial & regulatory actions that affect consumers. Provided by BadgerLink
We subscribe to the following daily/weekly business and finance publications: Barron’s Weekly; BizTimes (regional coverage); Bloomberg Business Week; Business Journal (regional coverage)
- Consumer Reports (in print) - Monthly issues present articles on health, public safety, marketplace economics and the judicial & regulatory actions that affect consumers. Also available online.
- Consumer Reports Buying Guide - Annual compilation of product ratings from Consumer Reports magazine.
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance - Monthly publication dedicated to personal finance.
- Money - Personal and family finance magazine with articles providing guidance on making, investing, spending, and saving money.
- Kelley Blue Book Used Car Guide - Used car prices
- The Car Book by Jack Gillis - Annual car ratings and prices
- Value Line Investment Survey - Value Line's signature publication is one of the most highly regarded and widely used independent investment research resources. Published weekly, it tracks approximately 1,700 stocks in over 90 industries and ranks those stocks on Timeliness™ and Safety.
- Value Line Mutual Fund Advisor - The monthly report contains a comprehensive, tabular index of more than 800 key funds grouped by category, with more than 24 specific data points and performance indicators for each fund. The performance index enables you to scrutinize “at a glance” every facet of fund performance over various time spans as far back as 10 years, and though bull and bear markets.
- Economist - A weekly news magazine of world politics and current affairs, business, finance and science published in London, England.
- Forbes - For those in business interested in developing management insight through review of the nation's largest corporations
- Fortune - Gives top executives, and those working to reach senior positions in business information on the economic, political and social trends that affect the environment of business.
- Inc. - Presents articles on financial & personnel management, marketing, administration, sales and operations for executives & managers of small to mid-sized companies.