Shorewood Public Library's Response & further Information
This page will be updated regularly as needed. Last updated 3/14/2020.
The safety of our patrons and employees is a priority at the Shorewood Public Library.
The library will close to the public on Monday, March 16 through Sunday, April 12.
We plan to reopen on Monday, April 13, but will continue to assess the situation.
In order to make this difficult decision, we have been in communication with the North Shore Health Department, Village of Shorewood, Milwaukee County and our fellow Milwaukee County Federated Library System members. Information indicates that aggressive early social distancing can stop COVID-19 from exponentially spreading, and our closure is consistent with the governor’s call for all K-12 schools to close.
- At this time, library staff will be available Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:30 via phone (414-847-2670) and email (email@example.com)
- Holds on the holdshelf may be picked up on Sunday, March 15. After March 15, please call us to arrange curbside pickup of holds - 414-847-2670
- On Monday, March 16, due dates for materials currently checked out will be extended until May 1
- If your library card is set to expire 3/31 or 4/30: on Monday, March 16, it will be extended until May 31 so that you do not experience a disruption in your ability to use online library resources
- We will waive Shorewood overdue fines incurred during the time we are closed
- Our outside book drops will remain open at this time
- Explore our online resources, and call or email us with questions about using these free tools!
We recognize the vital role we play in your life. Reading for pleasure, relaxing with a movie, or listening to a favorite musician can provide necessary respite during hectic times. Please look for further information regarding access to library materials and services in the coming days.
Please call (414-847-2670) or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your questions.