Shorewood Public Library's Response & further Information
This page will be updated regularly as needed. Last updated 5/27/2020
The library will restore some in-person services once we can ensure a safe environment for both our employees and patrons. We do not yet have a date for when this will happen, but will make that information public as soon as it is available.
One of our planning tools is the Milwaukee County COVID-19 Dashboard. Per the North Shore Health Department, we need all the key indicators to be yellow or green before having patrons back in the building.
We continue to offer curbside pickup of materials. Complete details can be found here.
- Curbside pickup of materials owned by, and on the shelves at, Shorewood Library is available to all. Learn more and submit a request here
- As of May 8, due dates for materials owned by Shorewood Library and other suburban Milwaukee County libraries (checked out prior to May 8) were extended to June 15.
- As of May 25, due dates for materials owned by City of Milwaukee Public Library branches were extended to September 15.
- As of May 26, suburban Milwaukee County libraries are beginning to slowly expand services. Greendale Public Library opened May 26 for limited in-person hours with limited services, including short computer use. Cudahy Family Library opened May 27 for limited in-person hours with limited services, including fax services but not including computer use. You can access complete information about services offered by Milwaukee County libraries via this webpage: COVID-19 FAQ
- Our outside book drops are open. Staff are checking in materials after a 72 hour quarantine period, following guidelines for handling materials safely.
- Explore our online resources, and email us with questions about using these free tools!
- View our events calendar for online library events.
- Milwaukee County Federated Library System has a useful FAQ page for more information on library services.