Battle of the books 2023-24
An academic competition testing teams' knowledge of selected books.
In 2021, the Shorewood Public Library sponsored an all ages reading challenge featuring books by and about often underrepresented groups in our society. We continue to update those booklists to help expand reading interests. Find the complete set of booklists here.
- Fiction database designed especially for elementary and middle school users, with easy-to-use subject access to fiction titles aimed at the K-8 population. Includes reading lists, author and book read-a-likes and genre overviews. Provided by BadgerLink.
- A database to help identify diverse, inclusive and culturally relevant fiction and non-fiction books for children and teens.
- E-books for kids and teens from Wisconsin's Digital Library
- Awarded each year to the most distinguished American picture book for children.
- Awarded each year to the author of the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children.
- A website dedicated to connecting boys to great books. Founded by author Jon Scieszka