Get connected at home with a Wifi HotSpot from Shorewood Library.
What is a Wifi HotSpot?
A small device that creates a wireless Internet network to which you can connect a wifi-enabled phone, tablet, and/or laptop. Once you're connected, you can browse the Internet, watch streaming media, make video phone calls, and more!
You can check out a HotSpot at the front desk of the library. Ask a librarian to be placed on a waiting list if there is not one available for you.
When you check out a HotSpot at Shorewood Library you get: HotSpot device, charger cable, charger connector, and instruction sheet.
- HotSpot is on loan for 21 days + a 3 day grace period
- HotSpot cannot be renewed
- HotSpot will be deactivated within 24 hours of the end of the grace period
To connect a device to the HotSpot:
- Turn on the HotSpot. Power button may be located on the top or side of the unit.
- On your computer or other wifi-enabled device, search for available wifi networks in the Settings and select the Network Name (SSID) of the HotSpot.
- Enter the network password for the device. Please note that it may take up to a minute to establish a connection.
HotSpots made possible by the Friends of Shorewood Public Library.