Make a Difference @ Your Library
Have fun, connect with your community, and make a difference at your library!
The Shorewood Public Library invites YOU to join our Teen Advisory Board (TAB), which runs from September through June. Fill out an application below!
- Earn volunteer/community service hours
- Design and lead library programs
- Advise on library projects and collections
- Learn important job skills, like team work, effective communication and more!
- Meet friends and have fun!
To be a TAB member you must:
- Be in 7th - 12th grade
- Attend one of the required orientations in either Fall or Spring.
- Complete at least 6 hours of volunteer work per semester by participating in one of the following activities:
- Attend monthly meetings
- Develop a program for teens
- Help out at library events
- Help maintain Young Adult Library collection
- Attend/view a teen program
- Judge the Teen Writing Contest
- Promote library events (invite your friends to join us!)
- Make guest posts to the Teen Instagram
- Create a video book talk or project tutorial for our Teen YouTube channel
- Keep an open mind and a great attitude when confronted with people, situations and/or opinions that might be unfamiliar. The Shorewood Teen Advisory Board aims to be an inclusive group made up of middle and high school students from Shorewood and its surrounding communities and includes folks who attend public, private and/or home schools.
If you are interested in joining TAB, please fill out the application via the link below, or pick one up at the library and return it in person to any of the service desks.