Rhyme & Read Lapsit Story Time
Rhyme & Read Story Time is for tots from 6 - 23 months old and their adult caregivers. We offer Rhyme & Read in five week sessions on Monday mornings at various times throughout the school year. We offer a 9:15 - 9:45 a.m. session and a 10:15 - 10:45 a.m. session. Registration is required, and opens up two weeks before story times start. Registration begins March 16 for the April 2020 sessions. When you register, you are registering for all five sessions. Register online via the Events Calendar for Monday 9:15 a.m. or 10:15 a.m. sessions. You can also register over the phone 847-2670 or in person.
Due to the CoVid-19 spread, we have shortened the spring session to four weeks. Please consult our website for any continuing scheduling updates.
There are a few things we'd like you to know before you come to story time:
- Parent participation is crucial. Plan to participate and give your child full attention. Please do not use cell phones or other devices during the session
- Make this a special time for you and your child to interact and enjoy. Please bring only the child who is registered. Activities are not appropriate for older children. If you must bring other children, please talk to Heide before the session.
- You can sit on a chair or on the floor with your child on your lap. You may want to bring a blanket if you plan to sit on the floor.
- Lap sit sessions are a casual and relaxed atmosphere. We don't expect your child to be quiet or constantly attentive. We know walkers may wander.
- Please do what you can to minimize distractions: no food or drink, you may bring calming items such as blankets or pacifiers but please do not bring distracting toys, if your child is crying or very agitated, please step out of the room until he or she is more settled.
- Most of all, have fun! Enjoy this time with your little one.