As of November 25, the library is providing curbside-only service. We are unable to provide in-library services including computer use and browsing.
Recognizing that the COVID-19 pandemic has worsened in our community and across Wisconsin, Shorewood Public Library can no longer guarantee a safe environment inside the library for the public and our staff.
Hours of service: November 25-December 31, 2020
Monday 9:00 AM-7:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM-7:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM-7:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM-7:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM-6:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
Closed on Sundays
You can do all this from home, without visiting the library.
- Renew your card
- Get a library card
- Pay a fine
- Request materials from any Milwaukee County public library
- Send mobile print jobs
- Get assistance from a librarian by calling us at 847-2670 or emailing us at email@example.com
- Attend a library program on Facebook Live or via Zoom. Find programs on our events calendar.
You can do all this when you walk, bike, drive, sled, or ski up to the library. If you aren't sure about something you need, call in advance to discuss it before arriving.
- Pick up your items from the holdshelf
- Pick up take and make kits for kids, tweens, teens and adults. Check our events calendar for all the options.
- Return materials in the book drop
- Pay a fine with cash or check if you are not able to pay online
- Renew your card if you're not able to use the web form: be prepared to present staff with your photo ID and/or library card. If your ID does not have your current address on it, please bring a piece of mail or other document that does.
- Get a library card if you're not able to use the web form: be prepared to present staff with your photo ID. If your ID does not have your current address on it, please bring a piece of mail or other document that does.
- Sanitizing high-touch surfaces regularly
- Wearing masks per Village of Shorewood ordinance
- Washing and sanitizing our hands regularly
- Not working if sick
- Quarantining returned library materials before checking in. Learn more here.
We ask that you:
- Wear a mask when you pick up library materials if the weather is inclement, as our cart is indoors in this case.
Recognizing that COVID-19 is still affecting our community, the library is regularly evaluating services to ensure what we offer is safe, in accordance with guidelines from the North Shore Health Department and other state and national sources.
Please reach out to us via email or phone (414-847-2670) and we will be happy to discuss the reasoning behind our limited services.