Fall 2020 Library Services
Shorewood Library is dedicated to serving our community with access to vital resources - for leisure, learning, employment, and more - in a manner that is safe and allows our community to connect and heal.
Our mission has not changed, and our staff is smiling under their masks. We're happy to see you!
Hours of service: September 8-December 31, 2020
Senior/At risk Hours: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays 9:00-10:00 AM
Monday 10:00 AM-7:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM-7:00 PM
Wednesday 10:00 AM-7:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM-7:00 PM
Friday 10:00 AM-6:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
Closed on Sundays
- Sanitizing high-touch surfaces regularly
- Wearing masks in public parts of the library, per Village of Shorewood ordinance, and wearing masks in staff spaces when possible
- Washing and sanitizing our hands regularly
- Not working if sick
- Enforcing a limited capacity of the building, and physical distancing by visitors and staff
- Quarantining returned library materials before checking in. Learn more here.
- Providing three hours weekly for seniors and those with other risk factors to use the library when it is freshly sanitized and fewer people are in attendance.
We ask that you:
- Do not come to the library if sick
- Wear a mask when you are at the library, per Village of Shorewood ordinance, unless you fall into the excepted categories spelled out in the ordinance
- Limit the duration of your visit to one hour
- Keep your distance from others while here
- Wash and sanitize your hands regularly
Recognizing that COVID-19 is still affecting our community, the library is regularly evaluating services to ensure what we offer is safe, in accordance with guidelines from the North Shore Health Department and other state and national sources.
Here's what we're able to offer at this time:
- Computer access: one hour per day, limited number of computers available
- Wifi access: no time limit, but we do ask all people to be cognizant of not lingering in the library for more than one hour
- Printing & mobile printing
- Curbside pickup of requested items
- In-person checkout & browsing
- Reference & computer assistance
- Workspace for solo users at limited tables & chairs
- Daily newspapers
- Inter-Library Loan for materials not owned by Milwaukee County libraries
- Programs for all ages, including grab-and-go kits and virtual offerings. Check our events calendar!
- Public restroom
- Friends of Shorewood Public Library used book sale
A few things we can't offer right now:
- Early Literacy Center
- Train table
- Games and toys for children
- Collaborative space
- Armchairs and sofas
- Study rooms, due to poor ventilation
- Water fountains
Please reach out to us via email or phone (414-847-2670) and we will be happy to discuss the reasoning behind our limited services.