The library is open for in-person service and curbside pickup.
Hours of service:
Monday 9:00 AM-7:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM-7:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM-7:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM-7:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM-6:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
Closed on Sundays
- Wearing masks per Village of Shorewood ordinance
- Washing and sanitizing our hands regularly
- Not working if sick
- Enforcing a limited capacity of the building, and physical distancing by visitors and staff
- Sanitizing high-touch surfaces once per day and upon request, in accordance with recommendations from the CDC and North Shore Health Department
We ask that you:
- Do not come to the library if sick
- Wear a mask when you are at the library, per Village of Shorewood ordinance, unless you fall into the excepted categories spelled out in the ordinance
- Limit the duration and quantity of your visits when possible
- Keep your distance from others (whom you do not know) while at the library
- Wash and sanitize your hands regularly
At the library:
- Computer access with a limited number of computers available; computer time can be extended upon request
- Seating for relaxing, studying and working, including limited seating for two people at one table
- Programs for all ages, including grab-and-go kits and virtual offerings. Check our events calendar!
- In-person checkout & browsing
- Photocopier & scanner
- Printing & mobile printing
- Reference & computer assistance
- Daily newspapers
- Public restroomInter-Library Loan for materials not owned by Milwaukee County libraries
- Friends of Shorewood Public Library used book sale, including accepting donations for this sale
- Curbside pickup of requested items
You can do all this from home in order to limit your number of visits and the duration of your visits to the library.
- Renew your card
- Get a library card
- Pay a fine
- Request materials from any Milwaukee County public library
- Send mobile print jobs
- Get assistance from a librarian by calling us at 847-2670 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend a library program on Facebook Live or via Zoom. Find programs on our events calendar.
- Pick up your items from the holdshelf: We bring your items directly to your vehicle. We can even pick up returns at your vehicle!
- Pick up take and make kits for kids, tweens, teens and adults. Check our events calendar for all the options.
- Return materials in the book drop.
- Pay a fine with cash, credit card or check if you are not able to come inside or pay online.
Recognizing that COVID-19 is still affecting our community, the library is routinely evaluating services to ensure what we offer is safe, in accordance with guidelines from the North Shore Health Department and other state and national sources.
Please reach out to us via email or phone (414-847-2670) and we will be happy to discuss the reasoning behind our limited services.