The library is open for limited in-person service and curbside pickup.
Hours of service:
At risk service hour: 9:00 - 10:00 AM Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
Monday 10:00 AM-7:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM-7:00 PM
Wednesday 10:00 AM-7:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM-7:00 PM
Friday 10:00 AM-6:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
Closed on Sundays
- Wearing masks per Village of Shorewood ordinance
- Washing and sanitizing our hands regularly
- Not working if sick
- Enforcing a limited capacity of the building, and physical distancing by visitors and staff
- Providing three hours weekly for seniors and those with other risk factors to use the library when it is freshly sanitized and fewer people are in attendance
- Sanitizing high-touch surfaces twice per day and upon request, in accordance with recommendations from the North Shore Health Department
- Quarantining returned library materials before checking in. Learn more here.
We ask that you:
- Do not come to the library if sick
- Wear a mask when you are at the library, per Village of Shorewood ordinance, unless you fall into the excepted categories spelled out in the ordinance
- Limit the duration and quantity of your visits, as much as possible
- Keep your distance from others while here
- Wash and sanitize your hands regularly
services we are able to provide at this time
At the library:
- Computer access: limited number of computers available
- Limited seating for studying and working, including allowing household members to share a table
- Printing & mobile printing
- Curbside pickup of requested items
- In-person checkout & browsing
- Reference & computer assistance
- Daily newspapers
- Inter-Library Loan for materials not owned by Milwaukee County libraries
- Programs for all ages, including grab-and-go kits and virtual offerings. Check our events calendar!
- Public restroom
- Friends of Shorewood Public Library used book sale, including accepting donations for this sale
You can do all this from home so you can limit your number of visits and the duration of your visits to the library.
- Renew your card
- Get a library card
- Pay a fine
- Request materials from any Milwaukee County public library
- Send mobile print jobs
- Get assistance from a librarian by calling us at 847-2670 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend a library program on Facebook Live or via Zoom. Find programs on our events calendar.
- Pick up your items from the holdshelf: come inside the lobby briefly to retrieve materials or we will bring them directly to your vehicle. We can even pick up returns at your vehicle.
- Pick up take and make kits for kids, tweens, teens and adults. Check our events calendar for all the options.
- Return materials in the book drop.
- Pay a fine with cash, credit card or check if you are not able to come inside or pay online.
Recognizing that COVID-19 is still affecting our community, the library is routinely evaluating services to ensure what we offer is safe, in accordance with guidelines from the North Shore Health Department and other state and national sources.
Please reach out to us via email or phone (414-847-2670) and we will be happy to discuss the reasoning behind our limited services.